Samarinda Lodge is a small and home like facility that provides outstanding care to 39 permanent residents and 1 respite place. Our highly skilled and professional team of Registered Nurse Division One, Division two and personal care staff provide 24 hour nursing and personal care to residents. Residents are also supported by our auxiliary staff who provide catering, cleaning, laundry, administration, maintenance, gardening and lifestyle and recreational services.
Samarinda provides low level care and has adopted ageing in place. This provides residents with peace of mind that their changing needs can be met while remaining at Samarinda Lodge. The small, friendly and safe environment of Samarinda coupled with our highly skilled tem of staff enables us to meet the special needs of a variety of residents including those with dementia and complex medical needs. Samarinda respite place is available for both high and low level care.
Some of the services available at Samarinda Lodge include-
- Large private rooms, all with garden view
- Ensuite bathrooms
- Electronically controlled beds for resident comfort and safety
- Specialised group and 1:1 recreational and lifestyle programs
- Dementia program
- Bus trips and outings
- Continence Program
- High quality meals prepared fresh onsite each day
- Onsite laundry service
- Monthly Newsletter
- Resident and Family Forums
- Active and extensive volunteer program
- Private telephone
Samarinda Lodge has maintained continuous accreditation with the Aged Care Standards and Accreditation Agency and meets the 2008 building certification standards.
Best practice is normal practice at Samarinda Lodge and we were awarded ‘Aged Care Facility - Team of the Year award by the Aged Care Association of Australia in 2007. Samarinda is a world leader in using integrated communication systems to improve resident care. Samarinda Lodge was the winner of the 2007 Information Technology in Aged Care Implementation of the Year award and the 2009 Ministers Award for Excellence in Aging.
We are proud of the care and service we provide. Our happy residents, families and staff are testament to our quality.
Applying to Samarinda Lodge
- Obtain a valid Aged Care Assessment (you can requesy a referral from your GP)
- Contact Samarinda for an application form or download the relevant forms from here
- Complete the application and financial assessment documents
- Arrange for a personal tour and meeting with the manager.
Tours are only undertaken by appointment and when a valid Aged Care Assessment and application are made. This is to respect the home of the residents who live here- One day it may be you! You will have the opportunity to see and feel Samarinda if you call in to collect your application. Alternatively telephone or e-mail us and we will send them to you.